New data protection rules known as the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) came into effect on the 25th May 2018. We value your privacy and are committed to handling your personal data in accordance with applicable laws. In becoming a member of Cadence Music Academy the student / parent consents to their contact information being used for correspondence purposes in relation to school activities & updates, reminders for fees and payments and any other business relating to their membership of Cadence Music Academy. Personal information will not be used, disclosed or processed in any manner incompatible with the purpose for which it was obtained. Your information is held under the legitimate interest section of the GDPR. We keep all confidential information filed securely and will never share your information with a third party without your prior consent.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY:
CADENCE MUSIC ACADEMY recognises that the safety and welfare of children and young people is of paramount importance and is committed to taking every appropriate step to ensure the safety and well-being of the children and young people with whom we engage, regardless of class, gender, race, creed, age or ability. We practice a 'zero-tolerance' policy with regard to abuse, intimidation, bullying (physical or emotional), racism, and sexist behaviour directed towards children and young people. We acknowledge the right of children and young people to be treated with respect at all times, to be listened to and to have their views taken into consideration in matters that affect them.
Please note that we are bound by Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children and the Children First Act 2015 to record any matters of serious concern to Tusla, the National Agency for Child Protection in Ireland. https://www.dcya.gov.ie/documents/Publications/ChildrenFirst.pdf
OUR FULL CHILD PROTECTION AND WELFARE POLICY IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Fees must be paid in advance of lessons. Payment Plan Option includes Booking Deposit & monthly instalments.
2. Flexible Payment Options: Pay securely with card online in the 'store' section which uses Stripe or PayPal. We also accept Cheque, or Bank Transfer. IBAN is provided with Registration confirmation. If at any stage, you may need to amend the payment plan, please do not hesitate to talk to us.
3. Booking Deposit ensures your place and includes manuscript notebook & any necessary course materials. Additional exam books or sheet music may be required to be purchased by you throughout the year. Registration Forms must be signed and returned promptly.
4. Practice is vital for students to progress and succeed in exams. Regular - daily - consistent practice with home participation is most beneficial. Students must bring books / materials to each class, and homework must be done on time.
5. Instruments are available to use in class until students purchase their own for practice at home. We will endeavour to assist and give recommendations re the purchase of instruments. Contact us for further information /contact-us.
6. One to one students will be given the opportunity to join an Ensemble or Group after their second term. There will be concerts and performances held throughout the year. More details to be confirmed during the Term.
7. Fees for summer exams will be due in Term 2. Mock Exams will take place around this time. Full details of the RIAM Exam fees and regulations are available online: http://www.riam.ie/examinations/examination-information/. We can arrange Piano Accompaniment for the exams and rehearsals are organised several weeks prior to exam dates.
8. If a teacher is away, a substitute teacher may be provided, otherwise the class will be rescheduled. If a student will be absent, please inform us as soon as possible so we can make arrangements to rearrange the lesson. If a lesson is missed, we will try to reschedule if the Timetable allows. Owed lessons may be made up at the end of Term or during Mid Term at the discretion of the Teacher.
9. Please respect the lesson times of other students, and if a parent wishes to speak to one of the Tutors please telephone or make an appointment outside of another student's lesson time.
10. Please collect students promptly after lessons, and notify us if there will be anybody else collecting children at the Academy.
11. Disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated, and anyone deemed to be causing problems for either staff, students or parents may be asked to leave the Academy.
12. Photographs may be taken of the students during concerts and class activities for learning and promotional purposes. We will seek permission from parents before uploading any media either printed or online onto our website, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube accounts. Please indicate your opinion and consent relating to this when completing this part of the Registration Form.